Sunday, December 04, 2011

Elvis makes us bake cookies

Our elf is a bit bossy. So far, he has ordered us to put up our tree (I was thinking of skipping that one this year but Elvis insisted), watch the movie Elf, and today we had to bake cookies. Because we were working on a short time limit (Rhett has baseball practice this evening), I went to the store and bought Pillsbury Simply... chocolate chip and peanut butter cookie dough and some Hersey kisses.  Easy and I didn't mind giving up control for this one. :)

The boys rolled the dough in the sugar:


Then after baking for about 10 minutes, they placed the kiss in the middle:


Now for the fun part.  While I drizzled chocolate onto the already sweet enough cookies, they followed with sprinkles.  They didn't hold back:


I wonder what Elvis has in store for us this week? (I kind of wish he had told me so I could have written it down ahead of time but I guess surprises can be fun.)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take 2 cookies please. Nana

Karen said...

What a great idea! I bet the boys are loving this.