Friday, June 01, 2007

first and last

...Happy First Day of June!! Happy Last Day of School (for Rhett)! Happy start of the lazy days of summer!!

I am excited for June. This will be a fun month because of all the things I have mentioned before (trips, cousins, sisters). Yesterday, I told the boys that tomorrow is June 1st and they were so happy. Noah said, "So we get to see Nicolas now!" Uh, no. Not yet, but soon!

May was the most rainy month I have seen in a long time. Oklahoma went from 2 year drought to flood zone in this month. Rhett has had at least 4 games rained out and Noah has had two. We bought umbrellas for the boys and they actually got to use them. Everywhere is greener than green. I don't know how long this will last but I am enjoying it.

So I hope everyone has a happy June 1st.

Woo-hoo!

Oh and one more thing: Rhett's bus driver has become one of my favorite people. Every morning he says hello to Noah and talks to him and really is interested in what Noah brings to show him. Well, the other day, he gave Noah a happy meal toy. A simple thing but it was sweet. Today, he gave him another one. He said, "You are the only little kid that comes every morning to say hi to me." Noah just beamed. Little things make all the difference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhett and Noah both are such special people. They are so caring in their different ways. You and Seth have done a wonderful job with them! Sandy

H Noble said...

That is so sweet! I love it when people take time to make a difference to a child.

Also, why would we not be loving June? Its my birthmonth!! And time to celebrate! :)
H

Shaunna :) said...

Aww! Great story about the bus driver!!!