Monday, February 11, 2008

31!

...It was Seth's birthday yesterday and I think he had a great day. Actually how could he have not?
-He received a book on baseball trivia from the boys and bought some Western movies for himself the day before yesterday. His gift from me was also bought by him earlier in January (a new HDTV dvd or something like that.)
-I made his poppyseed cake that he likes so well with ice cream. It is hard to get candles in the cake but it is easy to make. And I showed Noah how to mix the ice cream and cake together to make a yummy concoction (that Seth showed me years ago) and Noah couldn't get enough!
-A dinner of steak and cheesy scalloped potatoes that are oh so bad for you but oh so good to eat.
-We went to a trade show fair and everyone who didn't have a birthday came away with something. I found a neat shirt, Rhett a rubberband gun (it is in the picture above). Yes, Pop and Nana, it is almost the same gun that you bought him last year but it is longer. He was so happy that he now had 2 rubberband guns. :) Noah found something interesting:

It is a springy turtle. Which means the air around him makes his head swing from side to side. It is quite funny to watch and Noah just loved it. It is really small (about the diameter of a quarter) so I am sure it will get lost before we know it but it was only $3.00 so it will be okay.
-Western Movie Night. Okay, my boys love one more thing besides Star Wars. Westerns! Saturday morning, they began watching Rio Bravo with John Wayne with Seth and ended up watching the whole thing with him. (Seth had to stop it in the middle of it because we had to go to Rhett's bb game, but they finished it Sunday morning and were almost late to church because of it!) So last night we High Noon with Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly. Gary Cooper won an Oscar and it is one of the 100 greatest films ever made (at least according to AMC) so I was interested in watching it. (Seth and I have wanted to start watching films on that list. So far we have watched The Graduate and now High Noon.) And I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The boys loved the shootout and I loved the end. Actually, the ending was awesome. The music was hilarious though.


So a good day.


Seth, I love you and I hope this year brings happiness and exciting things to you. You deserve the best. We love, love, love you forever!


ETA: I just put a list of the 100 Greatest Films Checklist of films Seth and I have watched. We have watched a few more than I thought. Maybe not together but some we will never watch again (The Grapes of Wrath, West Side Story) and some I will never get Seth to watch (Annie Hall) so I went ahead and put them on the list. If you click on them, it will bring you to a review of the film. This is actually a fun thing we have started. Usually Seth and I can't agree on new movies to watch and this way we can at least watch them together and see what the fuss was about the film. It is like we are broadening our horizons. Ha! Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Seth has watched at least a minute or two of It's a Wonderful Life because they always made fun of me when it was on during the holidays. Sandy

H Noble said...

Good for you. Justin was going to read a few classics a few years ago and is about 2/3 of the way through Les Mis., and there it sits. Its been so long now that he forgot what was going on. Good attempt.

Happy Birthday Seth!!! Looks like you had a good one.
H

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Seth! Have fun at the movies!