Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some things

...I have almost eaten a whole bag of jelly beans in 3 days. So much for my "lifestyle" change. Ha! Seriously, I am addicted to jelly beans. Halloween, I have to have my fill of candy corn. Christmas, it is candy canes. Valentines, those candy hearts. Easter, jelly beans. I really did good around Valentines. I didn't buy the candy hearts, so I didn't eat them. But I got sucked in with the jelly beans. I had to buy candy to fill some eggs and they were there on the shelf, looking so yummy. Good thing it has been nice outside. I have done a lot of yard work, so maybe I've worked off those extra calories I've consumed. :)
****
Harry Potter's final book is going to be made into 2 movies. November 2010 and May 2011 are the release dates of Part 1 and 2, respectively. That is exciting. I know that I won't want it to end. I think they are filming "The Half-Blood Prince" right now. It is strange to know that Rhett will be 11 years old when the last movie will be out. He could actually go with me, if he wants. Wow.
****
Noah is having his last school Easter Egg Hunt this morning. Rhett asked when his school egg hunt was and I told him he didn't have one. He answered, "So, I only have one Easter Egg Hunt this year? Darn." I think some years we have had 3, so the boy is used to hunting a lot of eggs.
****
Noah's teachers brought in some chicks to watch them grow. When they first brought them in, Noah was so excited. He wanted one to keep. I told him chicks aren't babies very long. And what would we do with a chicken, I asked him. He said, "Mom, we can just let it go." Duh. Can you imagine a chicken running around the neighborhood loose? That would be a funny sight. Then he asked if our dogs might eat the chick. I said it was possible. He stopped wanting one after that.
****
Spring Break is next week. Yay! Rhett wants to do everything that he never gets to do during school. Go to movies, museums, you name it, he wants to do it. I hope he leaves a little time to relax.
****
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Krista said...

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but Starburst jellybeans are a billion times yummier than regular jellybeans. Try them!

I did not know that about the HP movies. That's a good plan, though...otherwise they'd have to leave too much out. The actors are going to be way older than 17 though!

Enjoy spring break!

Toby E. said...

I too got caught in the jelly bean craving when I had to go to the store to buy candy for Holly's "Spring Goody Bags". And Krista is right, the starburst ones are the best! I couldn't find them at the store I was at and had to settle for the Jolly Rancher ones.
Enjoy your spring break. Sounds like Rhett is planning a fun one!

Cheryl Wray said...

We are on Spring Break this week and lovin' it!!!

I was also excited about the announcement of the two HP movies. I think that will work out best!!

H Noble said...

Happy Egg-hunting. I will enjoy having a kiddo old enough to do that, but right now am just loving the fact that he is small and so precious. Eli does have an Easter basket though- with grass and (empty)eggs, and a miniature train set- 6 inch circle of track. Too cute!
H