Tuesday, March 11, 2008

whew

...what a day. It started waking up late, boys too, and ended feeling like I could drop. We all stayed up too late last night (I had a girls night out, the boys got to watch a John Wayne western with daddy) and it was so hard to get out of bed this morning. But we dragged ourselves out and then at 7:30 am, Noah's preschool director called and asked if I could sub for a teacher. Ok. Now we need to go faster. I am also taking care of my neighbor's very high-maintence pooch so add that to the mix and it was a hurried morning. This afternoon we had to get eggs to fill with candy for easter egg hunts that happen later this week and the next and also some abc workbooks for Noah (who bless his heart, still cannot say his abcs correctly). Then off to get Rhett, go to guitar lessons, then to swimming (Rhett) and soccer (Noah). A quick stop to get fast food and we got home, ate fast and boys in bed by 8:15.

But I made sure today to stop and thank God for all of this. Sure it is busy. Sure it is frazzling. Sure I want it to slow down. But I am blessed that we have the opportunity to help others, to meet new people, that we have active, healthy boys and that we can still get in bed at a reasonable hour.

Speaking of bed, I am headed that way...

1 comment:

H Noble said...

Sounds exhausting, but yes, what a blessing our families and other commitments are. I felt that way yesterday when J and I were eating our cold Sonic food at 8:30, but was thankful it was food and I didn't have to cook it.
H