Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday already?

...This morning when Seth left, I looked at the clock and thought, "I need to get up now. Rhett's eye dr. appointment is in 1 1/2 hours, so I need to get up."



I opened my eyes again and thought, "Okay, I really will get up now."



I looked at the clock. One hour had passed. It was now 8:22 am. His appointment is at 8:50.



Aaaah!



In my defense, I really have been having trouble falling asleep lately. I don't know exactly why but it is annoying. I am tired. I feel like I could go to asleep any moment. But then I don't. I am still awake. Hearing my husband's soft snores.



But, we did get to the eye doctor in time, thanks to the fact that the boys were already awake and had gone to the bathroom. They understood that we were in a hurry for once and were quick as lightning to get dressed and in the car. Yay for them.



****

I took my friend and her two kids to my parent's house for the weekend. The boys and her kids get along pretty well. It was funny to see my friend see my town. She is from Hawaii and has never seen such a small town. We went to a feed yard, to the town's hamburger place and I showed her around in about 5 minutes. :) We had a good time. We also drove to my old house in the country with my mom. This was the first time my mom and I had been out there in 8 years. I was saddened by the shape of my grandparents house but glad my old house still looked the same. I know why they say you can't go back. It is too depressing.

****
Anyway, Spring Break is half over and we have lots of things planned. So I better go and start doing them!

2 comments:

H Noble said...

How fun! I love taking people home to Friona too. The "So, that's it?" that is inevitable at the end of the 5 minute tour is priceless. ;) But I love home, and I miss West Texas so much!!

Enjoy what's left of Spring Break!
H

Krista said...

It can't possibly have been 8 years since we moved "to town." Yikes.