Sunday, March 29, 2009

blog then sleep

...Tonight, I cannot sleep. Too many thoughts about the week ahead. Rhett's trigger finger surgery on Tuesday, my friend's baby's memorial service on Saturday...a lot to take.

So, I'll blog.
First, here is a picture of the beautiful Oklahoma sky the day before the rain fell. The day before the rain was supposed to turn to snow and then we were going to get 3-8 inches of the white stuff by yesterday.
As you can see from this picture taken this afternoon, we didn't exactly get 3-8 inches. And what we did get (maybe, almost an inch) didn't stick around long. But I am not going to complain. It was gorgeous here today and Noah and I enjoyed the outdoors, swinging and jumping on the trampoline while Rhett and Seth went to Cub Scouts and Lowe's where they saw Rhett's first grade teacher (much to his surprise--teachers actually leave the school?), a dog and a lady with a monkey. Yes, a monkey. In Lowe's. They checked twice. The picture is of my shadow by the way, swinging with my scarf blowing in the wind.
Noah didn't want to take any shadow pictures, so he settled on making faces. Can you see his front teeth growing in? Big kid.
Because I haven't taken any pictures of me lately (shadow pictures do not count), here are a couple of me. I really like them. Which is a big thing for me to say.
It is almost April and I think I am going to set a goal this month to save money on groceries. Krista has inspired me. I have organized my dreaded coupon folder so I can find the ones I need easier and I won't be the lady with the envelope full of coupons at the check-out that everyone hates. I also read somewhere that you shouldn't bother buying canned or packaged food organically because processing pretty much takes away the benefits anyway.
I am also thinking of changing the colors of my blog again. You know, more spring-like colors. What do you think? What colors would you like to see here? I mean, you do come here to read and it should be something you like. Let me know.
Okay, it is past 1 am and I should try to go to sleep now. Have a wonderful day and I'll let you know how Rhett is on Tuesday. Wish him luck.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Very cool pics, and very best wishes to Rhett (and you).

Anonymous said...

I have seen the onion glasses on TV. Let me know if you get some and they work. We will keep Rhett and all of you in our prayers especially on Tuesday. Love, Sandy

H Noble said...

I didn't know of Rhett's surgery- I'll be praying for you all! And my heart breaks for your friends, but I'm so glad the Lord is comforting them.

Beautiful pictures!!! I love, love the one with your hair blowing across your face!