Thursday, March 26, 2009

two things, edited

...Noah isn't feeling well this morning. He is happy to just watch tv under the covers in the family room. Not that he is not ever happy just watching tv but this morning is different. He didn't even ask. He was laying on the couch, not moving, not asking to watch tv or play ds. I knew something was up. So we'll probably spend the day hanging out at home.

edited: Noah is feeling better. He actually wants to go to school. Woo hoo! I think he has a cold.

I am getting ready for a spring snow storm headed our way. I am unsure what plants in my butterfly garden to protect. And when should I cover them? It may rain this afternoon or tonight. Do I wait and do it in the rain before dark? Do I cover it in the morning, in the rain before it turns to snow? I have never covered plants before but since I was so excited to plant my flowers two weeks before I should have, I kind of have to now.

Live and learn.

again, edited: I just pulled out two of my saliva plants and put them in pots. Just for this weekend, they will be safe and sound indoors.

I don't know if any of this is even interesting to you, but these are things that have been on my mind today.

I hope my family and friends in the Texas Panhandle are safe and sound this weekend too. I know they are expected to get blizzard-like conditions. So, stay warm!

3 comments:

H Noble said...

Would that happen to be salvia plants? I'm not sure about saliva plants, but it sounds like something your dog could take care of for you!

aimee said...

Thanks for the catch Holly! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I would cover at night before the morning snow, but that is certainly not an expert gardning opinion! It has been so warm here that not much of any precip. is supposed to stick. We'll see....

Christy