Friday, March 27, 2009

awaiting the snow

...Even though the plant thing is annoying, I do love snow. I think it gives everyone a chance to just--stop.

Stop living the hurried, frenzied, move from one thing to another without any breath kind of life and just breathe for a moment. Enjoy your family, enjoy the rest, enjoy the break from all that.

When it snows a lot, it makes me think of a white sheet of paper. A blank canvas just waiting to be painted on. Then slowly, it does: with little kids' footprints and the adults that follow them, with snow angels and snowmen with colorful scarves. with sled tracks and dog tracks (and what dogs do is even more evident--gosh, am I a mom of boys or what? I was thinking of writing what dogs do do...and I am still laughing about it!)

I wait every year for a snow storm like we are expecting and most years I am disappointed. This year I was expecting to be disappointed again but no, a late season (or is it early spring season) surprise. I just hope it won't melt too fast so we can enjoy it Saturday.

So, if you happen to live where it is snowing today or tomorrow, and hopefully do not have to drive in it or live in an RV (sorry Justin and Holly!), then enjoy the break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, they missed the mark here in LBK...windy & cold, yes -- snow, not so much. The sun is out now. Maybe there will be a change tonight! The teacher in me is just glad we didn't miss a day & have to make it up! : )

Christy

H Noble said...

Aw, I'll take that as sincere sympathy and not a jab. ;) Actually, the propane bottle ran out on Friday night and it was too cold for the electric heat pump to kick in, so when Justin woke up Sat morning it was 56 inside the trailer. Good thing Eli was in Friona and I was in McKinney. Oh, and the water hose froze so he couldn't shower either. Yeah, so glad I wasn't there!