Tuesday, March 03, 2009

some things about Noah

...Friday night, Noah and I were listening to the radio in the car after dropping Rhett off at a birthday party. We heard on the show I was listening to that teachers in a state I don't remember, maybe Oregon, were suing higher-ups (the school admin or the state) because they had removed their vending machines in the teacher's lounge. Apparently, it is going to the state supreme court now. But that really is the important part of my story (hence the reason why I can't remember the details). The important part of my story is that the man telling the story (his name is Drew) was joking that he guessed everyone was afraid the teachers would drink their diet cokes in front of the kids and tease them or even worse! share their drinks with their students. End of story. Or so I thought.

Fast forward to yesterday morning. We were in the car driving to Rhett's chiropractor appointment and Noah turns to him and said, "Rhett, do you know teachers are making kids drink Diet Coke?"

Rhett says, "Oh yeah." (Because he always knows everything) He says, "Teachers drink diet coke. I know in my school's teacher's lounge they have all kinds of great stuff."

Noah says, "No, Rhett. They are making the kids drink it. Diet coke!"

I am laughing by now because I know what he is talking about and I decide to set him straight. I would hate for him to go to school thinking his teacher was going to force him to drink Diet Coke.

***
This morning, I am laying on the floor after moving some furniture around and Noah is laying beside me. (I have an improved family room now. If I ever pick my camera up again, I'll take a picture and post it). He asks, "Mom, do girls like really hairy guys?"

Of course they do. (Noah already has so much hair on his arms and legs. Crazy. So now you know why I said yes).

"Good. That is what Dad says too. I was afraid they would look at my arms and go 'Woah!'"

Noah, you are a very handsome fellow. Any girl would be lucky to have you.

"Aww, thanks mom."

3 comments:

Krista said...

Okay, I'm stuck on the fact that teachers are suing the school because of vending machines. Crazy.

Noah is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Noah is a charmer. It wouldn't matter whether he was hairy or bald, the girls will love him!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Noah may be hairy, but he has the softest skin--almost like baby skin. I don't say that to him because I did once and Rhett heard me and said I have soft skin too. Rhett does have soft skin, but not like Noah's. Hope it stays that way. Sandy