Monday, June 15, 2009

ice cream sounds great in this heat

...For Father's Day, Seth wants an ice cream freezer. I am very excited about this. Recently, I have found this recipe, which makes me want to get this book and I am definitely going to start reading his blog. (Don't you love when I send you to link after link? Just thought I would give you something fun to do).

Today though, I am going through my many, many magazine recipes and deciding what to keep and what to recycle. I love cooking new things and baking yummy desserts that I have never tried before, but how many recipes for hot molten lava cakes must I have to realize that I haven't made them yet and probably won't as long as I have a neighbor who can make them wonderfully. (I don't like competing). So, bye-bye. (All except one). And no more polenta recipes. I have tried to like it and tried hard to make it but, well, it just isn't happening my friends. See you later recipes for the cornmeal mush.

And I am going to just keep one recipe for meatloaf (the one we like best) because really, do I need to try 10 of them? No. Also, no more recipes for pasta. I have a wonderful cookbook (Giada DeLaurentes) that has all my favorites so I know I won't be trying anything else.

Do you see why I need to be going through all my recipes?

It is a good day to do this because it is hot outside. It is only going to get hotter but the rest of the week, we have to be outside for one thing or another. Today, we don't. So we won't.

Oh and I can't forget to tell you how the boys did on Saturday. Noah swam in his first swim meet. He only competed against one other child (The 6-year old division is very small) and he won 1st and 2nd in the breaststroke and freestyle, respectively. He was so excited! I was proud. He made it without stopping once and also put on some speed! Yay! He also played in his first t-ball game and did really well. He hit the ball hard and although he didn't see much action in the outfield, he stayed alert (meaning he did not play in the dirt!).

Rhett played in his first baseball game as well on Saturday (during the swim meat so he did not get to participate in that). He caught a fly ball and tagged a player out. He also hit a double! Seth was really proud of him.

Grandparents, I am just letting you know that I will be emailing you a schedule of games just in case you want to come watch. Who wouldn't want to watch in the near 100 degree heat and humidity? I don't know. ;)

I'll try not to stay away from the blog so long this time. Hopefully, I'll snap some pictures this week too.

Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That particular ice cream sounds absolutely delicioius!

Mom

H Noble said...

I wish I had time to go through recipes and cookbooks- I love collecting, but just cook the same old standby's all the time, and never ever desserts. Aren't I boring?

We loooove our ice cream freezer and wouldn't be without one. Hope you get a good one and enjoy it too!