Monday, June 15, 2009

i'm sleepless

...The past two days I have found that I don't want to go to bed. I am tired for sure, but something holds me back. I realized today why. The tree we planted in memory is a crape myrtle and I can't wait until it has flowers. They are a deep pink. I am feeling fine-- just having a little woolgathering moment or two.

I think I am going to take a nice warm shower and then try to go to sleep. I would skip the shower (since it is midnight) but I took the dogs for a walk and I smell like slobber, courtesy of Brinkley. He is a complete spaz when we walk but he has a lot of fun. I guess that is what matters. Scout is all business and makes sure I never keep up with her.

The boys had their first day of boredom. It was hot outside, none of their friends were around and I was busy (see other post frome earlier today). Rhett went to bed thinking life stinks. I told him it is all in the attitude of the person and tomorrow has to be better. But what I was thinking was, "You got to watch tv, play the wii and play with your toys all day! Why does life stink again?" Sigh. I feel old.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Yeah, Mallory pulled the "worst day ever" line on me last weekend -- AFTER she had been to build-a-bear, gotten ice cream, and had a long playdate with her friend. Kids.

I was thinking it had been about a year. Peace and hugs.

Anonymous said...

Ditto from me.

My crapes myrtle are not even close to blooming yet. I just looked at them. Mine ususally bloom in mid-July. I think though that when we've been to North Carolina this time of year that they are blooming there.

I don't think that any of you ever thought - or anyway said aloud - that it was the worst day ever!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I got the "you are the meanest mom ever" line about 10 time the past 3 days from Matthew. Life is pretty tough when a mom expects you to go to bed by 10:00. Crazy!

Sad with you. Hugs your way today and always. Melissa