Friday, June 26, 2009

oh well

...National Pollinator Week is almost over and I am sad to say I really haven't done anything with the boys to help celebrate it. I have reasons though:

1. It is just too hot.

2. We were going to go to the blackberry farm but no blackberries yet. A freeze in April killed all the peaches, so no peach orchard either. Bummer.

3. The farmer's market is during the time they have swimming.

4. Did I mention how hot it is? I did? Well, it is hot enough for me to say it again.

5. The botanical garden is probably even hotter.

6. Our sprinkler system is on the fritz, so I have had to spend my mornings watering the lawn.

Do you really need more reasons?

Even the best laid plans...what is the end of that saying? I don't know...can't think...too hot...

2 comments:

Krista said...

"too hot" is a good enough excuse for anything, really.

Anonymous said...

I wanted you to know that I have many, many bees around my Russian sage bushes.

Mom