Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a birthday, the derby and wishes

It's Seth's birthday today.  I made the boys get up earlier than usual to give him a present.  Noah was more grumpy than usual.  But Seth smiled. 

I'm thinking of making a pineapple upside down cake for him.  It doesn't have any frosting, but Seth's favorite cakes usually don't.  As long as there is ice cream, I am sure he'll be happy. 

Last night was the Pinewood Derby for cub scouts.  The boys' cars both came in 2nd place for their dens.  Yay. The Den Leaders' sons' cars came in first.  Is that fair?  I don't know.  What I do know is that Rhett was disappointed because his car came off the track once.  And if it weren't for the fact that only two kids in his den, including him, showed up, he probably wouldn't have gotten a trophy.  Is that fair for the dens that had 20 kids show up?  Probably not.  So I guess the unfairness all evens out in the end.

I wish I had pictures for you but I only took a couple with my phone. I wish it was sunny so I wouldn't feel so tired and sick of the cold.  I wish I could have gotten Seth something cooler for his birthday than work-out gear but I didn't.  And I wish pineapple upside down cake had frosting.

Mostly, I wish that my sweet husband has a wonderful day and a fantastic year.  That is more important than frosting. 

Happy Birthday Seth!  I love you!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Seth!

Chris and Mallory did the derby last weekend. No trophies for them. Chris thinks it was rigged.

H Noble said...

Happy Birthday Seth! Hope its a good one!

I love pineapple upside down cake. Will you send me one? And I prefer cakes without frosting too. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Seth. That is Scott's favorite cake too! Sandy must make a mean pineapple upside down cake :-)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy bday Seth!

Can you post the receipe?

Christy