Tuesday, February 02, 2010

groundhog predicts six more wintery weeks

Today is Tuesday.  This is the fourth day of school that has been called off due to icy conditions on the road.  4 snow days.  That is 6 days that we have been stuck in the house.  Sure, we could go out.  But that would just irritate me when I realize that the streets, aside from the neighborhood roads, are fine, just fine.  So here in our house we stay while trying not to go stir crazy. 

It has been nice.  We sleep in, we eat a late breakfast, we watch tv, play video games, Noah gets mad when I force him outside where he proceeds to have fun for 45 minutes with his brother, the boys talk about going into football card selling business (they don't want two of the same card!) where they talk about selling the cards for $1 a piece.  Maybe $2 for the good ones.  (Maybe I should have not given them my 1991 Joe Montana card yesterday.  Hmmm)

We have also read books and wrote thank you cards (long overdue), cleaned out some closets, stayed up late, watched the Winter X games (go Shaun White and Bobby Brown!), played vollyball with a small beach ball (the large one kept knocking things over), done some laundry (drying winter wear over and over), tried to get over our colds and planned some plans.





Six more weeks of winter. 

Here is a peek of what our day will be like: 

Rhett:  Ow, stop punching me!
Noah: Sorry.
Rhett:  That hurt!  You really have to stop doing that.  I have feelings you know.
Noah:  I already say sorry.
Rhett:  But you don't have to always punch me.
Noah: Okay! Sorry!

Sigh.  I wish the sun would shine.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where and why did you end up with a Joe Montana card? I also wonder if Mom kept all my cards. If so the boys can go through them and find out if there is any valuable ones in the pile. Just a few thoughts. I'm really bored here at work (we got a foot of snow down here in the canyon). Have a good day.

Little Bro

aimee said...

Why, you gave it to me Casey! Remember, you gave a Joe Montana card to me, then you traded me for another Joe Montana card. Not sure why--you said I could see Joe's face better on the one you traded for me. Ha. Ha.

I don't know if mom kept your cards. The boys would love it if they could go through them. They've been dying to go through all of Seth's cards, but he hasn't let them-yet!

Sorry you are bored. Me too. We are about to venture out to Target. Whopee.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't remember that at all. Oh well. The only thing getting me through the day is the premier of "Lost". I know you are excited as well.

Casey

aimee said...

Do you also not remember giving me a Michael Jordan card? You did. :)

Lost! So excited. 2 hours of it too.

Krista said...

"I have feelings you know."

Ha!

I just got a call from Phoebe. She was in tears because she's "bored and tired." Everyone needs to go back to school!

Karen said...

Yes, Casey I have your cards. I think that I finally moved them to the storage place, but they are there.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh -- six days and the thought of making them up --- yuck!

And yeah for Lost! :)

Christy

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Laggin Downloads With NZB Files You Can Hastily Find HD Movies, PC Games, Music, Applications & Download Them @ Maxed Out Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]