Thursday, February 04, 2010

warning: random, mostly useless information ahead

So, I am sitting here in our lovely guest bedroom/office (Hee, I almost spelled out the word "slash" as I was thinking it in my head), freezing.  This room is cold to me.  Even my toes that are in my toasty warm Ugg boots, are cold.  That means my hands are rather cold too.  Hence, I am wearing a pair of gloves.

You know the kind- the cheap $1 pair at the store that supposedly fit any hand? I doubt that but that is not what this post is about.  It is about the things you can't do well while wearing gloves.  (You were warned).

  • Type.  Do you know how hard it is to type with gloves on?  You should totally try it sometime.  No telling how long this post will take me to write.  I have to constantly go back and delete mistyped words.  It makes your fingers seem big.  But I have noticed the longer I type, the better it is getting. 
  • Blow your nose.  Because, eww.
  • Read a book.  It is nearly impossible to turn the pages with gloves on.
  • Make a sandwich.  Not that I have ever tried, I am just thinking that it would be difficult.
  • Wash dishes.  Your hands would get wet and then wearing gloves would prove pointless.  Unless you wear rubber gloves over your gloves. That almost seems silly.
There you have it.  In case you were wondering, I do have things to do today, but aren't you glad I took the time out to post this blog?  I hope I saved someone who was wearing a pair of $1 gloves that don't quite fit from wondering if they can blow their nose without taking their gloves off. Now they know they could do it, but they could not do it well.

:)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Thanks for the tips! :)

You could get fingerless gloves. That would help with typing at least. But it's always my fingertips that get cold, so I don't know how well they would work anyway.

H Noble said...

You're crazy, but I miss you dear.