Monday, February 22, 2010

small reflections while I am waiting

Hi there.  I am waiting for a realtor to get here, so I decided to blog!  Aren't you excited?  Aren't you glad?  Hee. Hee.

Anyway, I think I am going to reflect today. 

This is me, a little more than 3 years ago.  I wanted to show off my beautiful newly painted bathroom.  (I actually can't believe its been that long since I painted that bathroom).  The reason is because I am about to have to repaint my beautiful bathroom a more "neutral" color.  Sad face.  Seth says that I can paint our new bathroom the same color.  I know.  But still sad face.  This was my first color adventure.  And every morning I walked into the bathroom and smiled.  I loved it.

I look at myself now.  Funny enough, I am wearing the exact same necklace I was wearing in the picture.  It is a $12 necklace I found at an after Christmas sale at Dillards, but it is my favorite.  Simple and easy to forget it is on-my favorite kind of jewelry. My hair is much, much longer now and I am loving it long and have no desire to cut it short again.  That must mean I past the yucky "why am I growing my hair long again? I hate it" stage. Yay.

I have a new camera. One with a better zoom.  Although I guess I don't need a better zoom with this particular shot.

I think of where we were three years ago.  My kids still had their baby teeth.  Rhett was in kindergarten and Noah home with me most days.  I hadn't even met some of my closest friends in the neighborhood yet.  The school the kids are going to now wasn't even finished being built yet. My mom and I hadn't pulled out the ugly bushes in the front garden bed yet.  That would come a couple of months later.

I think of all these things to remind myself that a lot can change in three years. A lot can happen in three years. Kids grow up, hair grows out, friendships bloom.  It is as if I am saying to myself,

"I remember what is was like three years ago, in a new place.  It was scary, not knowing many people.  It was challenging, fitting in to a new routine. 

We found friends.  We found a good school.  We found a place to call home. 


And we will again."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- it doesn't take much to make a new mommy cry! And I really have no reason to, but this post did it...maybe it was the part about the baby teeth, etc.! :)

Love you!

Christy

Anonymous said...

It made me tear up a bit. Change for some is so exciting - but for me it is terrifying. Hugs to you - it will be an emotional event! I am so proud of you for keeping such a positive outlook on all of it. You are right - it will be more than ok. It will only get better and better!! Melissa

The Taylor Family said...

I love the looking back too(which is why I have so many "last year" links and comparison photos on my blog). It's just fun/scary to think about what has been and what might be to come. Thanks so much for sharing your "small reflections"!

Krista said...

You have always made whatever house you lived in into a beautiful home. You can do it again!

(It was your bathroom and kitchen colors that gave me the courage to paint my kitchen bright yellow and blue.)

(Yours looks better than mine!)