Sunday, October 17, 2010

beware: lots of "s and 's

The "Beatles" concert was so much fun! All of us had a great time and Rhett and Noah survived their first concert.  Here are the highlights:

*We sat next to one of Seth's co-workers who is orginally from England and when asked what she thought she said the "John Lennon" was pretty spot on.  I thought he was pretty good myself.  Through the course of the concert, he transformed from a member of the Beatles to the John Lennon who was married to Yoko Ono and stayed in bed for days to prove a peaceful point. 

*They changed costumes that matched the Beatles album covers from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club and my favorite, Abbey Road.  "Paul" even had barefeet! And I got to tell Seth all about the "Paul is Dead" controversy.  Fun stuff!

*Seth had no idea that he liked the Beatles.  Throughout the concert, he kept looking at me and saying, "Hey, I know that song! I didn't know they sang it!"  His biggest surprise was that Guns N Roses did not sing 'Live and Let Die' orginally. 

*Rhett's favorite song was 'I am the Walrus,' a song that makes absolutely no sense but is so much fun to try and sing on Beatles Rock Band.  I think he likes that song best because he knows he doesn't have to understand it.  Every other song, he kept asking questions.  During 'Imagine' he asked, "Why is there no heaven?  What would happen if there was no heaven?"  During 'Eleanor Rigby' he asked, "Who were they talking about being lonely?  Why were they lonely?"  You get my drift.

*All Noah wanted to hear was 'Yellow Submarine'.  And they played it.  He was happy.  Of course, after that, he got tired so Seth had to go walk around with him, missing my two favorite parts of the whole night:

*During 'Live and Let Die', Rhett looked at me and said, "Who's Little Ned?"  I had no idea what he was talking about and said as much.  Rhett said, "You know, Little Ned?  And why did he die?"  Rhett thought they were singing "Little Ned died" instead of "Live and let die."  I laughed and laughed. 

*During the first encore, the band came out and sang 'Hey Jude', truly a favorite of mine.  Cell phones shot up in the air, as people waved them back and forth (someone old-schooled it and waved a lighter). Rhett asked me for my phone and he waved it back and forth throughout the song.  It was great.

*I think the greatest part was that I never thought, "When are they going to sing this song?"  At the end of the concert (before the encore), I never realized they didn't sing 'Hey, Jude'.  Only til they came back on stage, did I think, "Oh yeah, they hadn't sung that yet!"  A great night.  Mom, I wish I would have known so I could have told you to come here and go with us.  I'll keep a look out for them to come back.

2 comments:

Karen said...

It sounds so great, and I'm so glad that you got to go. Yes, definitely let me know if it comes back.

Krista said...

Little Ned died. Bwah!