Friday, October 29, 2010

'so ready for the weekend' shorts

*Rhett wants to go to New York for his birthday.  I am planning the trip in my mind already...

*We did make Apple Strudel.  It was good.  I like apple pie and apple cobbler better, but it was worth the effort. 

*Yesterday, I watched Oprah.  I don't usually because I don't like her interview style (shh..don't read that too loud...lots of Oprah fans out there) but, BUT, she had the cast of The Sound of Music on her show and it was wonderful! Did you know that 'Louisa' was Robert Urich's wife?  Did you know 'Liesel' was 21 when she filmed? She was only 7 years younger than Julie Andrews!  And she had a big crush on Christopher Plummer, but honestly, who wouldn't?  Did you know that 'Frederich' grew 6 inches in the 6 months it took to film the movie?  'Liesel' had to wear heels, then stand on apple boxes just for consisitency. 

*I am ready for Halloween to be over.

*I turned the heater on this morning. 

*This weekend, I need to make a pie with Noah for a school assignment.  He also needs to start on a book report about Comanche Indians.  He is so excited to do his very first book report.  He even wants to dress up like Quanah Parker.  Full headdress and all.  I guess I have my work cut out for me.

*I have been taking the kids to school in my pajama pants and slippers.  What does this say about me, I wonder?  Dad, don't answer.  ;)

*I've been missing my friends and family a lot this week. 

*In the course of a week, I have broken a new bottle of pure maple syrup all over the floor, spilled a glass of wine, dumped dog food all over the floor, spilled flour all over my clean counter, knocked over 2 bottles of water on the carpet, not at the same time, dropped a box of crackers and guess what, they spilled out all over the floor, and dropped my breakfast, say it with my, all over the floor.  I am seriously thinking that I should quit eating, drinking and doing things until my clumsy bad luck ends.

*I hope everyone has a good weekend!

love, aimee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are having a rough week! Hope you have reasons to celebrate this weekend! Take a leisurely drive to Starbucks and sip on a latte........the world will seem more peaceful. Melissa

Anonymous said...

probably spill it on someone's laptop.

Anonymous said...

We miss you too!

And maybe you can invent the new diet craze...the spill it so you don't eat it diet?!?

Finally, I would like to be invited to Rhett's b-day party!

Christy

Karen said...

I also want to be invited to Rhett's birthday party.

I have missed all of you this week too. It must be the time of year - sort of melancholy and bittersweet. It is less than a month until Thanksgiving though.