Monday, May 14, 2007

happy monday


...After a week full of downpours like this (above) the clouds finally parted and the sun was out the whole weekend. Beautiful. Green surrounds us, it is such a pretty sight.

Did everyone have a good weekend? I did. My boys (all three) treated me like a princess. Seth took care of meals, let me sleep in on Sunday, I got to read a book and watch a girlie movie. And I got a bike!

Yes this is me. I am actually glad I have the helmet (a good example, mainly for the boys) because my neighborhood is very hilly so it is nice to know if I fall, I will be protected. I wanted a bike because I really need to get going, physically. The past few months I have been lazy--too much computer time, scrap time, sitting time--and have not been exercising. Then my aunt had a heart attack. Thank God she is okay but it just made it clear that I have to take care of myself. Especially since heart disease runs in my family. So yesterday I made a goal that I would start riding my bike at least 4 times a week. (Bike rides with the boys do not count. They are fun but easy going.) So I am very excited about this new goal. Wish me luck and I will keep you updated.

Rhett lost his "first front top tooth"! That is what he calls it. So cute. Yesterday he asked me if I wanted to see his lost tooth at least three times. Then he would smile his gap-filled smile. He told Grandmom that I took a picture of it and the next time he saw her, he would bring the picture so she could see it. (Not realizing that she could see the real thing if he went to see her!) So I am showing the picture now. :)

And I can't go without a cute Noah story:
Saturday, when Rhett went to baseball practice, I let Noah watch tv while I got ready. A little while later, he rushed in and said, "Mom! You have to get a Chop Wizard! It is so cool! You put cheese or tomatoes or onions in it and when you are really tired of using a sharp knife and want to cut something really fast, you just push it down and...it is all chopped!!! So easy!!!"

You know, he could be the next "OxyClean Guy." You know the man who talks really loud and has commercials for all these great products? I think Noah could take his job. He is a lot cuter and gets very excited about products. :)

Have a happy Monday!

3 comments:

Abbey said...

I love the pic of you and the bike! Hope you find time to stick with riding it. Hills will kill you as I learned in college. Thanks for the funny stories too. I needed a laugh today!

Anonymous said...

I thought that it was funny that Rhett said that he would bring the picture so I could see him, too. I guess he thinks that his tooth will be in by the next time I see him. You look very sporting with your bike and helmet. Have fun!

Mom

H Noble said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Glad you had a good one, and got a great gift too! Have fun with it.

Is that the tooth that was loose when I visited? Seems like it held on a long time! :)

H