Tuesday, May 01, 2007

a few questions...answers appreciated

...Why does my dog sit in his and my boxer's water bowl? It makes it really gross and I have to empty it out at least twice a day.

Why are boys so gross at the table and gulp their milk and smack their food? And then when I tell the boys that they are indeed, being rude, Rhett gets sad and says he tries to be "not rude." So is it just their nature?

Why do we have to deal with things like lice and ticks? Today, at preschool, they had a lice check because someone brought a case to school. I feel so bad for that child and his/her parents because I have been washing things all day, even though Noah was clear of them. And you already know how I feel about ticks.

Why are they cloning cows? Really? And why won't it be necessary to label beef as cloned or uncloned if and when the FDA makes its final decision to allow the sale and consumption of cloned food products? I don't want to eat cloned food products. Am I already?

3 comments:

Krista said...

1. For the same reason that my dog treats her water bowl like a toy -- dumps it out, tosses it around (yes, even the heavy stainless steel ones).

2. It's their nature. Remember how incessantly I reminded Casey not to smack his food? I was quite a nag about it but it never helped.

3. I don't know, but I don't think they're God's.

4. Moo.

H Noble said...

All very good questions, and I'm cracking up at Krista's 'moo'! J and I watched an episode of West Wing last night where Sam was asking what was really stored in the gold repository at Fort Knox and CJ replies 'soup'. Very dry humor, very funny!

I don't know the answers to any of that, but can share that my cat refuses to drink water that's not moving so he grabs the side of his water bowl and pulls till it sloshes on the floor and makes a mess. Then he can drink. I don't know.

H

Anonymous said...

Late on the reply - obviously I don't know all the answers, but I am looking forward to having a boy now! :) Just kidding - we really are and I too think it is just their nature. Oh, the things I have to look forward too!

Christy