Tuesday, May 15, 2007

i {heart} teachers!

...Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week and Rhett's school did a lot for their teachers. Flowers, book baskets, cards and a tree planting ceremony, ect. I decided to make his teacher this card.

This is the inside. On the top of the inside, we wrote a note for her. I am sharing this because I know many, many teachers (my mom, my mom-in-law, my grandmother, my best friend, many good friends, me{before momhood}) and although I am a little late for the Teacher Appreciation Week, I did want to say--Thanks.
Teachers aren't paid enough, they do so much more than just teach students, they put up with so much more than just students, I could go on and on but I won't. Instead I will say this: because of you, we have leaders, scientists, doctors, preachers, entertainers, protectors, and writers. We have artists, web designers, teachers, good upstanding citizens. You are the backbone. So thanks for what you do. Whoo is the best? You. :)
****
Bike Ride #3: 20 minutes. Not long, but not too bad either for just getting started. Those hills are hard (as Abbey mentioned) but as I climb up the hill, gasping for breath, I just keep saying to myself: Hills will burn more calories. Hills will make stronger legs. Hills are stupid. Oh, wait, I am supposed to be positive. I am almost to the top of the stupid hill.
Ha. Ha. Just a little work-out humor for you this morning.
****
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Aw, I love the owl.

And how weird is this: Chris and I have been talking about buying bikes. !! Okay, maybe that's not so weird. It kind of bums me out to hear that it's hard work, though. I just wanted to ride around, not feel like I'm exercising.

Oh, and this is a day late, but I've been totally eyeing one of those Chop Wizard things. Noah could sell me one anytime! I'm a big sucker for as seen on TV stuff.

H Noble said...

Cute card. I second your sentiments on Teacher Appreciation, and want to throw out there that last week was Nurse's Appreciation Week too! :)

H