Wednesday, September 26, 2007

here's a story for you

...What started out as a normal Monday soon became something else.

Monday afternoon, I was outside talking with my neighbor while Noah played with her friend in their house. All of the sudden, I felt a little light-headed and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground, hearing my neigbor yell her husband's name.

I fainted.

Ok. That shouldn't be a big deal right? Except the fact that I went head first into the street. Except the fact that I had fainted a mere 6 weeks before that.

So to the ER I went.

That night, I came home and could tell the boys (and Seth) were concerned. Noah now keeps asking different questions about fainting. What is fainting? Why does God make people faint? Do little kids faint? This is a different thing to see Noah afraid about something real (not monsters). I don't know if he is scared because it was me that was hurt or he is afraid he will get hurt. And both have been easy criers about little things since this has happened.

Seth is worried as well. I didn't drive at all yesterday (Seth's orders, not the doctors).

Yesterday I was feeling a little down about everything but last night I looked at the positives that came out of this situation. Here they are:

*I have gotten my tetnus booster and now I am updated on my vaccines. I was just talking this past weekend about needing to get that done. This isn't exactly the way I had wanted to do it, but it is still done.
*The ER did a CT, an EKG, many blood tests including diabetes, hypoglycemia, anemia, ect and everything looked normal. Good news.
*I now have a primary care doctor. I have to go for a follow-up to get a holter monitor (to record my heart for 24 hours) and try to find out why I am fainting. I didn't bother getting a family doctor before this because I didn't need one. Turns out it is always good to have a family doctor.
*I have a wonderful group of friends here. My neighbors did everything Monday. They helped clean me up after my fall, one took me to the ER, the others took care of my kids, including feeding them supper. Another friend is taking Noah to school the rest of this week. I can really feel the love from them and although I knew they were great friends before, I really appreciate them in a whole new way now. I feel I can trust them with anything and that makes me so happy.
*I got an Ann Taylor Loft gift card in the mail yesterday afternoon from my sweet friend (thanks Chrisy!) and it came at exactly the right time. :)
*I am feeling better today. I am still a little sore (mostly from that darn tetnus shot!) and I look like I have been in a major fight, but I do feel better. I am ready for my doctor's appointment though. I want to know why this happened.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day. I will get those pictures posted soon.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Yikes. I'm sure it'll turn out to be nothing but I'm looking forward to your doctor's appt too! Be careful!

You do have lovely friends -- I'm glad I got to meet them.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Aimee! So glad that everything appears to be fine and we'll just thank the Lord that it happened at a time & place where you and the boys were safe.

Glad you liked the card & feel better soon! :)

Christy

H Noble said...

I'm so sorry you are dealing with that! I went through fainting spells and a series of tests during high school. They didn't find anything other than a minor heart murmur and I guess I outgrew it. Hope yours isn't anything serious!
And friends are absolutely fabulous- I discovered that again last night with one of mine.
H

Cheryl Wray said...

One thing about having a scare like that is that you can get to a doctor and they can let you know you're okay! Getting a clean bill of health otherwise is always a good thing!!

Please take care of yourself and we'll hope this is just a "fluke."

btw--loved the boys' questions.

Amanda said...

Ouch! Glad that everything seems to be okay...hope you find out what is making you faint! And what fantastic neighbors and friends!

Anonymous said...

Aimee, I have been so busy that I haven't been keeping up with your blog. I just "popped" in to catch up and read this post. I am really worried about you! Take care of yourself, and let's talk soon. I may have some helpful info as far as thyroid and hypoglycemia go. Be careful!!

Love,
Ginger