Monday, September 24, 2007

i'm 30!

...And I had a great birthday! It started Friday night. My sis, Krista and my mom went to the Melting Pot and had a fun time. We decided to just do the chocolate next time. It was fabulous!!!

Saturday my sweet husband and wonderful dad took care of the boys (including my nephew) while the three of us went shopping all day. Do you know how long it has been since I went to a mall and walked the whole thing? Taking it all in? Not having to rush? Too long. I think I bought the most but we all had a great time. Especially shopping for shoes.

We came back to the house exhausted (because shopping all day is tiring!) and got ready for a little neighborhood get-together at my house. Seth got bar-b-que and I had made cupcakes earlier in the week. Having everyone there that I have gotten close to this past year was special. Rhett had his first Coca-Cola and was WIRED the rest of the night. He was crazy! :)

Some of my favorite things:

*the boys getting me my favorite kind of flower (Gerber daisies)
*finding not one but two pairs of shoes that I just couldn't live without :)
*making my brother's day: Saturday morning, Cameron gave me a hug and said "Happy Birthday!" Seth asked him who else had a birthday. He said, "Aimee." Seth said, "But who else?" Silence. Seth: "Your daddy!" Cameron: "My Daddy? My Daddy!!" So we gave Casey a call and Cameron said, "Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!" three times to him.
*The Flaming Turtle at the Melting Pot. Milk chocolate with a caramel swirl topped with chopped pecans, flambeed. Do I need to say any more? Probably not, but I will. The dippers were bananas, brownie bites, pound cake, strawberries, Oreo-covered marshmallows, graham cracker marshmallows and cheesecake. Now you know why I said we just need the chocolate.
*All the birthday wishes and cards. Thank you everyone!
*Just having my sister and mom there. That was great. The only thing that would have made it better was if Jana could have been here.
*The fact that my husband did all of this for me. I love that. He makes me feel very special and deserving. 30th birthday or not. Thanks sweetie!

Check back later for photos. I will add them later today or tonight. I am just in a hurry right now. I only have another hour until I pick Noah up from school and I still need to clean the kitchen.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Happy Belated Birthday !! Many happy returns :)

Abbey said...

Yeah for 30! I'm right behind you. Happy belated b-day. It sounds like you had a great time!

Amanda said...

Awww..glad you had such a great birthday!

H Noble said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend. It is so special to spend important days like that with loved ones- I'm glad it all worked out!
H

Krista said...

It was absolutely fabulous! I'm still thinking about the flaming turtle...

PS You look good for an old lady!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, chica! Sorry I'm a little behind in keeping up with y'all...