Friday, April 11, 2008

be inspired

...Just a few inspiring things on this wonderful thing called the internet that I've found this week:

1. Kristiana Parn's artwork is so neat. Scroll down to one of my favorites, titled "Cardinals Under the Mountain Ash Berry Tree." I found this yesterday because I was searching for pictures of cardinals and the image of the artwork popped up. I was searching for cardinals because I saw the beautiful bird sitting on top of a pile of tree branches by the side of the road while driving home yesterday. I didn't have my camera, so I made a scrapbook page with a hand-made cardinal on it. This was the inspiration. (You can see the scrapbook page next month on yourscrapbookstash.com and I'll also post it here later.)

2. A honey cupcake recipe that I found after some searching. This produced a very light and fluffy cupcake, almost angel-food like. Very yummy. And tasting of sweet honey. I wanted to find this because the boys were still in their "Save the Bees" mode and I thought it would be fitting. Only one neighborhood boy complained about them. He said, "This is not a cupcake. A muffin maybe, but now a cupcake." (I left off the frosting.)

3.yougrowgirl.com has many ideas for an eco-friendly and laid-back garden. I haven't gotten the chance to look around too much, but I love the home page!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I love that artwork...I l ike the bunnies under the marshmallow tree. Very cute!