Thursday, April 03, 2008

not there yet

...So do you think that buying a magazine whose theme this month is "Going Green" is defeating the purpose of "going green"? I mean, I am not sure that this magazine is printed on recycled paper. And one of the things I am trying to get better at is not buying so many magazines. Oh well.

Going green is hard. I always forget my reusable bags or I buy too much to fit in the 2 that I bring with me. I still use and throw away sandwich bags. I want to compost, but I think it is too hard to start and keep at it. I throw away too much. I have too many projects that I want to do (make a blanket out of old jeans!) that I get overwhemed and don't do any. Aaah!

I am trying to get back on track. One thing at a time. First thing I am going to do is to start with my mailbox. Catalog Choice is a new free service that you can log on to and indicate which mailing lists you want off of for good.

And then I am going to visit earthday.net and find out how I can get involved with Earth Day activities. It is April 22, so it is coming up!

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

H Noble said...

It is hard, but I think once we make some simple changes, it will get easier to do more and more. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I bought "Green Housekeeping" and am working my way through the first chapter. Wouldn't my Aimee be proud of me? I thought. :)
H