Tuesday, April 29, 2008

observations around town

...Apparently, a few weeks ago, many cops graduated "motorcycle cop school" or whatever it is called. Now, there are tons of cops whizzing by on motorcycles, stopping traffic breakers every which way I look. It is a little nerve-racking. Not that I speed (on known streets that have many cops) but it always makes me nervous to see a cop. Guilty conscience I guess.

Anyway, today while taking Rhett to school, we saw 4 motorcycle cops stop 4 different cars on the little stretch of road in front of Rhett's school. 4! I see at least 4 drive by the same intersection every day, looking cool and scary in their dark glasses and helmets. Are they just excited or is this going to be an everyday thing now?

****
Speaking of seeing many of one thing, the possum is an animal that I have never actually seen alive. Only on the side of the road, lying on its side. In the past week, I have seen at least 7 dead possums on the side of the road. And every time I think, "The possum population just lost another kin." Why are just the possums dying? Are they too dumb to stay out of the road? Or is it because they are nocturnal and cars just don't see them? These are good questions, don't you think?

****
Have a great day, don't speed and watch out for possums!

3 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

LOL I love it!!!

Everytime I see a motorcycle cop, I have to think of CHIPS the old tv show. They must think they're pretty cool! :-)

A year or so ago, we had a possum that decided to hang out in our backyard and come up near our deck at night. He was one ugly animal.

Krista said...

Possums are extremely ugly. Like giant rats. Don't go out of your way to see one in real life!

MomofK9s said...

Well...I kinda like opossums. they are actually cool animals. they do not carry rabies, they eat the bad things around our houses (roaches, grubs etc)and garbage. they are ugly however. I think they get hit because they are scavangers and are probably there trying to eat something. they don't move very quickly so...Poor opossums.