Friday, April 04, 2008

little activists

...Yesterday evening, I had just parked the car at swimming lessons and because we were a little early, I looked at a magazine while the boys did their thing in the back. (Which means fight). I came to a page that had a picture of honeycomb and a bee and both boys noticed right away. They asked what it was and I told them what it was and why it was in the magazine.

me: "Bees are in danger of extinction and if they all die, which may happen when you are 35 Rhett, crops such as apples and carrots and blueberries would suffer without their pollination. Then we would also have no more honey."

(They have just seen Bee Movie, so I didn't have to say anymore than that)

Rhett: Oh no! We have to save the bees!
Noah: Save the bees!
Rhett: Mom, roll down the window. Please.

I was a little afraid of what they might do. Sure enough, as soon as I rolled down the window a little bit, Rhett yells at the top of his lungs:

SAVE THE BEES!!!

A woman walking by smiled. I felt proud. A little embarrassed too. But proud.

2 comments:

Krista said...

That's awesome!

H Noble said...

Oh, how funny! Good for them for caring though! :)
Holly