Wednesday, December 10, 2008

are you READy for this?

...On the 10th day of Christmas, my two boys gave to me:

a book read by Noah!
on the first snow of winter,
a sneaky look at presents,
handmade ornaments a plenty,
a reindeer named Scout, one lost tooth found,
Silly Webcam Photos!
a trip to Firehouse #5, a happy birthday wish, a decorated house and a plate of sugar cookies.
Yes, my baby can read! He wanted me to read Hop on Pop by Dr. Suess to him yesterday morning and I told him to give me a few minutes because I was cleaning up and he must have gotten tired of waiting because the next thing I hear is him reading, "Pup Up. Pup is Up. Pup Cup. Pup in Cup." I am so proud of him and he is so happy.
Yesterday afternoon we had real snowflakes. Not freezing drizzle (which we had all day prior to the snow) but snowflakes. I love snow. I don't love the wind and icy roads that come along with it, but the snow itself is beautiful and magical.
Yesterday was a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Noah we will be ready to hear him read to us when we come. I hope he will enjoy reading like Rhett does. He really shouldn't be able to read yet! Sandy

Krista said...

Way to go Noah!

Anonymous said...

Yea Noah - we are so excited and can't wait to hear more! Melissa

Cheryl Wray said...

YAY YAY YAY for reading!!!!!!!