Tuesday, December 09, 2008

ooh, shiny

...My laptop internet is not working, so I cannot post pictures of the 8th and 9th day of Christmas, but that is okay because some of those were handmade gifts.

Here goes: (As a mental exercise, I try to do it all by memory. Did you know that?) :)

On the 8th and 9th Day of Christmas my two boys gave to me,
a sneaky look at presents,
handmade ornaments a plenty,
a reindeer named Scout, one lost tooth found,
Silly Webcam Photos!,
a trip to Firehouse #5, a Happy Birthday wish, a decorated house
and a plate of sugar cookies.


Noah so far has found a webkinz and some legos. I take the blame for him finding the webkinz because I didn't hide it well. But the legos were in a closed box. I had already told him not to look in any boxes! He did it anyway. Right in front of me. He wasn't sorry he did it either. I could just tell. ;)
The ornaments are another story. Saturday we braved the crowds and went to Hobby Lobby to buy some things so they could make ornaments for family. Rhett picked this box of styrofoam balls, sequins and beads. I really didn't think about what that meant until we got home, opened the box and I saw hundreds of sequins, beads and straight pins. Yikes. Rhett got into it for awhile but he soon grew tired of the threading the bead, sequin and pushing it into the ball. I am determined to finish the box so that is what I have been doing. And boy is it fun! (I hope you could tell the sarcasm in my voice). Ok, I admit, it was fun at first. But I too am tired of this craft. In the end, many family members will find beautiful, shiny ornaments under the tree and even though I did most of it, at least pretend the boys did it. Because they really tried.

2 comments:

Krista said...

That is how every craft project ends up in our house. We have a gingerbread house kit that the kids keep asking to do, but I know what's going to happen once I open it.

H Noble said...

Those are great gifts! And Noah had better learn that Santa keeps receipts! Ha!