Friday, December 05, 2008

lost and found tooth

...On the 6th Day of Christmas, my two boys gave to me

one lost tooth found,
Silly Webcam Photos!
a trip to Firehouse #5, a Happy Birthday Wish, a decorated house and a plate of sugar cookies.

Thursday morning, at 4 am, Noah woke his daddy and said he had just lost his tooth. He had pulled it out all by himself. I think the last time was so tramatic for the boy that he really didn't let on how loose this tooth was to anyone. Fast forward to Thursday afternoon. He came home and wanted to see his little tooth. He tried to shake it out of the envelope the tooth was placed and shook so hard it fell into the carpet. Panicked, he came and got me. We searched for about 10 minutes and couldn't find it. I could tell Noah was getting upset so I told him we would call Aunt Krista because she would tell him all about her lost tooth that fell into the carpet, never to be found again. I wanted her to tell him that the Tooth Fairy came anyway because he really did not believe me.

We called but she was not there. Bummer. But! when I walked back into Noah's room to check one last time---there it was! Exactly the place I had searched over and over again. I guess I needed fresh eyes. So Krista, you helped anyway! :)

So one lost lost tooth was found again. Noah was happy and all was right with the world. Until this morning.

Noah, coming into my room, holding his dollar bill from the T.F.: Mom, next time, can I just keep my tooth? And why didn't the Tooth Fairy leave a note?

Sigh. Never completely satisfied, this child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask Seth about his lost tooth. He and Scott were playing catch in the yard and the ball hit him in the mouth and his tooth fell out--never to be found. He wasn't too happy either, but the tooth fairy did come that night. Sandy

Krista said...

I'm sorry I missed Noah's call, but I'm glad the tooth was found. And what a lazy tooth fairy, to not leave a note! :)