Friday, December 19, 2008

it is Noah's day

...I can hardly believe my baby is turning 6. Six is such a big number. It means big things. No more little. Except that you still love to cuddle. And you still are a mama's boy (much to daddy's dismay).

This day could not have come any slower for you. For months you wondered how long it would be until your birthday. Even last night, you asked at bedtime, "How many more hours until morning Mom?"

Grandmom is here to take you and your brother to The Nutcracker on Saturday. Friday, though, is your day. You are going to take 3 of your friends to lunch. At Burger King.

"Burger King?" I asked. "Really? Why not Red Robin?"

"Red Robin doesn't have toys. I want a toy."

"You just want the dinky toy?"

"It is my day." you answered with a smile.

You are right. It is your day. You know you are special. :)

Happy Birthday bear. We love you very much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Noah!!

Buger King sounds great! :)

Christy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Noah! I can't believe you are 6 today. Scott and I were so excited to meet you 6 years ago - such a tiny and sweet little baby. Time has flown by.

Love Melissa

Krista said...

Happy Birthday, Noah! Enjoy that toy!

Anonymous said...

Oh...BuRger King...sorry! It was early this morning!

Christy

H Noble said...

Happy Birthday to both your boys. Very special time of year, we think! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Noah! Can you believe our babies are 6???? I can't!!!

~Ginger