Friday, February 27, 2009

inspiring moments

...On Ash Wednesday, when all four of my lovely family lined up to receive the ashes in the sign of the cross and the declaration that from dust we were formed and dust we shall return, Noah turned to me and said, "Mom, I'm giving up the DS."

I said, "Ok. I'm giving up morning computer time."

Noah smiled. "That means we will have more time together!"

***
This morning, I took Rhett to the chiropractor because a lovely friend suggested it. Who knew that an 8-year-old could already have a bends and twists in his spine? Who knew that those twists were hurting nerves that are connected to the stomach and throat?

Already Rhett could feel a difference. I am a believer.

***
Seth is a great dad. He is always willing to go on field trips that include lots of children, lots of crowds and time away from work. I love that about him.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Yea for improvement for Rhett!!! Hope it continues and can eliminate the need for meds!

Cheryl Wray said...

Giving up the DS is a big step for a young guy. Good for him!

Instead of "giving up" something for Lent, I am "taking up" something instead. Working on some attitudes and service projects.

You have such a sweet family.