Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nine

No, I am not talking about the new movie, Nine, that has been nominated for some Golden Globes...


I'm talking about Rhett who turned 9 today!!!  We all woke up early (for us, not for Seth) so he could open his presents.  I don't know how we got started opening presents right when they wake up, but I think it is fun.  And who likes to wait?  Not me.


Rhett was totally excited about his gifts.  First, he opened the gift from Uncle Scott, Aunt Melissa and Matt and Sara.  If you can see, he was pretty happy.  First he was happy that it was an Underarmor shirt.  Then he was even more excited because it had Texas Tech on it.  Good job fam!


This is after he opened his Madden 09 DS game.  He didn't like this one at all. ;)  Actually, even though he looks like he is about to throw it down, he really was just whooping.  Woo!



And in a big box, he received many things Texas Tech.  He wanted his room to be decorated in Texas Tech things, so I think we got him started with a blanket, several signs and a lightswitch.  Who knew I would have such a Texas Tech fan? 

Rhett has his first performance as Mr. Duffy today in his play and is extremely nervous.  I am thinking of bringing Tums just in case.  But he will do fine.  And I made Chocolate Crinkles for his birthday treat and a cookie cake for tonight.  We are set to celebrate!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Cute pictures! Nine sounds so old (don't I say that every year, no matter what age they are?).

Chocolate crinkles would be the best birthday present ever. I haven't had time to make any this year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Rhett. Uncle Scott is so proud to have such a Tech fan in the family!!! Can't wait to see his room.

Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Changing one Oklahoma resident at time....so glad TTU has become his new favorite!

9??? Yikes! I clearly remember his first! Happy birthday Rhett!

Christy

Karen said...

A happy belated birthday to Rhett. But he can't be 9! Bring some chocolate crinkles to Dallas, please.

Mom

H Noble said...

Happy Birthday to Rhett! And of all the comments I could make, I'm going to tell you that Eli has the same pj bottoms Rhett has on. :)