Thursday, December 10, 2009

this week

For some reason, this week hasn't found me in the Christmas spirit.  Or maybe it has.  Because doesn't everyone get grumpy and stressed out before Christmas?  Ha. So maybe I haven't been in the right spirit of Christmas.

This week, I have been short on temper and time.  This week, I don't seem very happy (in the words of my dear oldest son).  This week, I have grumbled and complained and cried and fretted.

This morning, I have decided that the reason for all of this is because I have finally gotten fed up.  Somehow, this past year, I have lost my faith and my optimism.  My inner joy if you call it.  And I don't like it one bit.

I want those things back. I am going to find them. Somewhere, somehow, I will find those things again.

Have you ever lost your faith?  If you are asking "faith in what?", well, I say to you, (in the nicest way possible and very gently) "It doesn't matter in what."  Could be in one thing, could be in all things.  Could be in small things, could be in big things.  Could be you aren't sure.  Which is where I am.

I think saying it out loud is the first step to findig those things again.  At least, I hope so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to not get where you are with every thing we face every day--at home, with family, the world in general. I was pretty much there last week--maybe it is the time of year. I really work hard at not being unhappy but sometimes I get over come with it all. Just stop and think about all you have to be thankful for (Noah saying his brother) and you will smile. We all have so many things to thank God for every day, but sometimes we forget to do it. Sometimes if you write down what you have you will be surprised at your list. Remember--God and many other people love you very much and things will be better tomorrow. Love ya, Sandy
Sorry for the sermon!!!

Krista said...

I haven't felt very Christmasy either. I think maybe it's because we're having an unconventional Christmas? And I hear ya on the grouchiness (although my sinus infection is probably contributing). So...I understand where you're at. Hopefully our vacation will cheer both of us up!

Abbey said...

I hope you find your faith again. I know all about the highs and lows of life. Are you guys coming to the Dallas area for Christmas? If so, call me up. I'd love to come see you guys!