Tuesday, September 21, 2010

do you see what is coming?

Yes, my birthday.  And before I get a little depressed (because, frankly, turning 33 is as exciting as turning 32, which wasn't very exciting because it is one step closer to 35.  Which means one step closer to, well, you know.) I am going to tell you what the boy in photo has done for me.

Friday:  I looked in his school agenda and saw this in the note section of Week of September 20:  "Get Mom best birthday gift ever!!!"

Monday:  Rhett draws me a picture.  It is of me, sitting on the couch, reading To Kill a Mockingbird.  I asked him how he knew that was my favorite book.  He said he remembered me saying that this past summer. 

Tuesday:  Seth wakes me up and says that Rhett made me breakfast so get up before it gets soggy.  I went in and had Chocolate Frosted Mini Wheats (which aren't as delicious as you would think) and enjoyed every bite. 

And its not even my birthday yet!!  What a sweetie.  I tell you, there is something special about a 9 year old. 

There is definitely something special about Rhett.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Rhett is the sweetest.

And 33 sounds wonderful to me. Just you wait. :)

Karen said...

Rhett is a sweetie! And 33 isn't bad at all. Although at some point, the number does not seem to matter as much.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

33 seems a long time ago......you are amazing and YOUNG! DOn't even pull the feeling old card :-) Anyway - Rhett is such a sweetie! I miss him and all of you. I haven't seen you forever! Love Melissa