Tuesday, September 07, 2010

wishing we were still on vacation

Friday, we drove to St. Louis to visit our friends that used to live across the street from us in Edmond.  I love these people.  They have two kids that my sons adore and we just have such a great time when we are with them.  These are the friends that we hung out with every weekend for the last year that we lived there. I miss them everyday. They live in a beautiful neighborhood and while we were walking, I took a photo of my view. 

The boys all went to a Cardinals baseball game and the girls (myself, my friend and her daughter) went to get mani/pedis and ate lunch at a cute cafe.  We also ate out (just the grown-ups) one night where I tasted veal for the first time.  I felt guilty eating it, then felt even more guilty when I thought it was the best thing ever.  Luckily, I had only a bite for an appetizer.  Whew.  (I'm normally have no problem eating meat, seriously, my dad owned a feed yard! But eating baby cows?  That's just sad.  And delicious, but still.)

Today it is back to it.  I don't think any of us wanted to get up and face the day, but we all did, even if the boys did miss the bus.  Oh well.  I had to drive to pick up the dogs anyway.  Now, I need to face the big pile of laundry but if you noticed, I did manage to distract myself from that for awhile.  This is my new blog template!  Not as good as the first, but better than the one from the other day. 

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo like the new look! Sounds like a fun trip --- now you need to come to Lubbock! :)

Christy

Krista said...

I like this template too! Glad you had a good trip.

H Noble said...

Like the new layout! Great pictures you are doing and glad you are enjoying your class. Good for you for taking the trip to visit friends; I'm sure they enjoyed it as much as you did.

aimee said...

Christy, I know! We will get there soon...Rhett will be mad at us if we don't!

And I have to see your baby girl (I know, she is growing!) and Holly's new baby too! Congrats again Holly!!