Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the point is, well...never mind

My children do not love Mexican food. They like some of it, they tolerate most of it, but if they had their choice, they would rather eat something, anything else.  This obviously upsets Seth and me because we grew up on Tex-mex food.  Where did we go when we ate out anywhere nice?  Mexican food restaurant.  

(Note:  I was not always happy to be eating at a Mexican food restaurant when I was child either.  I remember throwing quite a fit, at least according to my grandmother, when we all ate at The Plaza for some reason or another.  Then Jana told me to get the quesadilla.  I asked what that was.  Cheese and tortillas?  Grilled in butter?  Sold! And I have been in love ever since.) 

Ok, so now I see that maybe I was not always a lover of Mexican food either (after re-reading my note).  But now I love it and my children don't so they don't want to go.  We went to Senor Tequila the other night and Noah had a cheeseburger.  Rhett did order the taco but decided he should have ordered a cheeseburger too.  (To be fair, I think people go to Senor Tequila for the drinks.  Strong and tasty margarita but the food was so-so). 

I am not really making the point I started out trying to make because of all my (asides).  So I am going to stop trying.  Stop trying to make my point but not stop trying to get my kids to fall in love with Mexican food.  Am I making any sense at all at this point?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, I remember the time that you didn't want to eat at the Plaza. I always thought that it was the York Peppermint Patties that sold you on eating there!

Anonymous said...

Love, love some Mexican food! I don't know what we would do without chips & hot sauce!?!

Christy

Krista said...

Mine won't eat it either...not even a cheese quesadillas. Phoebe has recently started liking tor-titas, as she calls them (meaning tortillas), but that's not a very well-balanced meal.

H Noble said...

You crack me up. :) I love Mexican food too and am sad when others don't appreciate it!