Wednesday, September 01, 2010

never thought I'd be doing this*

Good September to everyone!  I love September.  Even if half the month is hot, it means Fall is only 22 days away.  And speaking of 22 days away....

hee hee.

Anyway, here is something I've been working on this morning (until it started raining, but thank God for rain...it means it is a little cooler)
These little things are GoGos.  No, not the music group or the boot.  The toy that now has captured Rhett and Noah's short attention span.  My kids love them.  Rhett lost one by catapulting one underneath our kitchen cabinets and was so sad.  They come with names and personalities and even have online games (but that must be a pre-requisite with toys nowadays. (Hey, I have spell-checker again! Yay!) These little things are my photography subject this week.  My assignment is Depth of Field.  So I am shooting these little critters in different apertures or f-stops to show depth of field changes.
Notice how the background changes?  One is softer, the other sharper?  That is depth of field.  And that is how aperture works.  Cool or what?

Here is my sky:
And our moon:
And the clouds that began raining on me...



Hope your Wednesday treats you well.  We have two more days of school and then we are off for a 4-day weekend!! 

*This meaning laying on the wet grass taking photos of my sons' colorful toys.  But I had more fun doing it! I can't wait to see where I'll take these guys next!

2 comments:

aimee said...

The reason I changed my templte: The other template was not letting me have larger pictures. So, I am trying this one.

Krista said...

I loved your other template, but this one does make your photos stand out better.

Gogos must be the boy equivalent of Squinkies, which my girls were obsessed with for two days and now have forgotten about.