Thursday, September 23, 2010

if all days were like birthdays



I'm 33!  And a day.  I woke up this morning really, really tired.  Maybe I just had too much fun yesterday. Because it was a really, really great day.

Here are my birthday highs and lows:

  • My father-in-law thought I had only turned 30.  Yay!
  • My sons were hilarious.  Around 6 last night, we head to Target to get a few things (mainly, supper!) and Noah brought his money to buy me something.  So I told him he could buy my cake.  He was excited and picked out the biggest cake he could (out of the choices he had from me).  He was thrilled to do this.  Well, Rhett has been inquiring about what to get me for a week now.  At first, he told Seth he would like to contribute $50 towards a new laptop for me.  When we were at Target, he honed in on a chocolate pie.  I, very nicely, told him we didn't need a pie AND a cake.  He asked what then could he buy me?  I pointed out the lip gloss area and said I really needed new lip gloss.  He happily picked one out and was in the middle of handing it to me when Noah yelled, "The lip gloss is $8?!? Who would pay that for lip gloss!?!"  Rhett froze and very nicely, told me, "Let's see if we can get you something else."  He then picked out two Twix bars and estimated that he owed me $1.40.  Happy Birthday!  I am still laughing at that one.  He is more like Seth than I knew!  Noah then added another dollar to his stash and bought a Hershey's candy bar for him.  He gave me a wad of ones and called it good.  Love it!  Here are some fun pictures from last night.  The first one is funny because we had already blown out the candles and Seth said to pretend. 
  • My sweet husband took the entire day off of work to spend with me.  It was so nice to spend a whole day with him that didn't include a "have to" list.  Although, some things managed to work their way in our day, it was really a wonderful day.  One of the stores we went to was Saks Fifth Avenue and if you have never been in one, you really should.  It is a hoot.  I don't know any person that would buy a $400 Burberry vest or a purse that looks like any minute it could jump up and run away (a furry bundle it was!) but it was fun looking around that is for sure.
  • The texts, phone calls and Facebook messages I received were an added bonus.   
  • Seth and I watched the season premiere of Modern Family last night.  One of our favorite funny shows, it really delivered on laughs.  It is nice to end your day laughing.  One of the characters wears button down shirts that Seth and I saw at Saks Fifth Avenue and we chuckled at that too.



And really, only one low.  Our Scout is sick.  We are not sure what is going on but hopefully will find out Friday when the blood work results are in.  I know that she is old but no matter how much I prepare for it, it still is heartbreaking.  I talked to the boys about it and it will be a hard, hard thing.

One last picture of my sweet boys and me:


Have a great day!

3 comments:

Krista said...

That is a very fancy cake! Did you have a slice of that AND a Twix bar?

Your boys are hilarious. You look beautiful (for an old lady). I love Modern Family too. Glad you had a good day.

Anonymous said...

Twix & cake sounds wonderful! :)

Oh Scout! I still remember her as a little puppy in your apt. here in Lubbock! Hope she's okay.

Glad you had a nice day!

Christy

Karen said...

How funny that Rhett was willing to contribute $50 for a laptop but $8 for lip gloss was too much! Glad that you had a great day and hope that the report on Scout is good.