Friday, January 04, 2008

better late...

...Here are some of my favorite photos from Christmas:

My sisters and I have not had a picture together in quite some time. Many people think we look so much alike and others not at all. It is funny. One night we went to a family get-together (minus Krista and her fam; they weren't there yet) and one of our dad's cousin was so sure I was Jana but had no idea who Jana was. I think they remember me being a little girl and are so surprised when I am not anymore. Heck, I am glad when I am even remembered. One of our relatives (a younger boy who adores my twin brother) didn't even know Casey had a twin sister until a few years ago! Anyway, I think my sisters are beautiful so I am happy that others think we look alike.

Noah was quite unhappy most of the time during the Christmas holiday--except for Christmas Day. He woke up, got exactly what he wanted from Santa (Noah is holding Star Wars Legos Video Game in the picture, exclaiming "Sweet!") and the rest of the day he was the happiest boy on the planet. My dad said, "Well, I guess we know how to make Noah happy. Give him 43 presents every morning!" Ha. Ha.

A sweet moment with my boys. Rhett is holding his Webkins from his Nana and Pop. Easily one of his favorite gifts. It is almost as good as getting a real Chihuahua, which he wants for some silly reason. ;)

This is the plate that the kids left cookies for Santa on. This is where Santa decided to write notes for his favorite gang. I love that when he ran out of room, he wrote on a leftover cookie.

Christmas Eve. A picture that shows exactly how Noah was the whole time (but Christmas Day). We went to Church that night and all the kids loved lighting the candles. Except my nieces. One fell asleep and the other two left early but the boys all thought it was cool. Seth thought having our oldest son read the words to the songs was cool. I thought hearing Noah try to sing was cool.

Ahh, I love Christmas.

Another picture from Christmas Eve. It just isn't easy getting 7 kids to smile pretty for one picture.

And here are the big kids. Like I said before, it was short but sweet. I love my family and I appreciate the time we get to spend together.

PS-Nana, thanks so much for the scarves. The boys got them in the mail yesterday and the first thing Rhett said was, "Wow. They smell like Nana's house. I love how her house smells." :)

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Abbey said...

What great pictures! I love the plate idea and the individual notes to everyone. Priceless. I'm glad you had a great time and am sorry we missed you this year at church!

Toby E. said...

Great pictures! Glad to see you got some good reunion time in. Webkins are the big thing here too. I have to kick the girls off to get any computer time!

H Noble said...

The pictures are great!!! Glad you had a good time with your family, and wonderful that you were all there together!
Holly

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures - you and your sisters do look very much alike...I have never seen sweet Noah go from such a high to such a low! :)...the plate is too funny, I enjoyed reading all of the messages...and possibly most shocking of all - has Little Dog been replaced?!?

Christy

Sherry said...

Don't you all look wonderful...happy, smiling...glad to be together. I love it when the children are so over the moon happy about a gift..and your dad is so funny, but he's right...kids are amazing when they know they are being gifted!! :)

Could I tell you 3 are sisters? Absolutely...it's the smiles!!

Anonymous said...

Made me smile to see the family photo and the kids. :)