Tuesday, January 29, 2008

knock on wood for me

...It is windy today. So windy that I almost blew over while walking to my car, carrying a big bag of dog food. Not fun outside today.

Also not fun are the drivers around here lately. I told Seth last night that I was sure something was going to happen to my car soon. Two times I have been bumped into the last two weeks. Nothing major and both times the people who did it were very nice and apologetic. But yesterday there were major signs that a lot of drivers were not paying attention. What is it? The weather? Exhaustion? Talking of cell phones? Who knows. But I am on the defensive. I am a little superstitious about things happening in 3s.

I think I've told about my kitchen 3s. If not, I will again. Whenever I break something in the kitchen, I know that I will break 2 more things very soon. It always happens. I don't mean to, I don't even think about the 3s until after the third thing is broken. But I can count on it happening.

So that is why I am worried about the third thing happening to my car. Hopefully, it won't happen and if it does, hopefully it will be just a bump, like the last 2.

Who knows? Maybe Krista took the last one for me. ;)

Anyway, have a good day!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I would be glad to think that I took the third bump for you!

(Wanna split the deductible, just to be sure? Ha!)

Abbey said...

It's windy here too today. One of my former students got knocked over by a gust of wind and when she stood up she said, "That's rude!!"