Wednesday, January 09, 2008

good dog/banning plastic bags


...Scout came through surgery just fine. The vet found another small tumor beside the one that was to be removed but he said he got all of it and he felt good about that. So she came home and was pampered. I gave her a bath and she stayed inside all night with us. I think she really enjoyed that. :)
***
In other news, check out the link to The Daily Green on the right. The Chinese Government put a nationwide ban on plastic bags, saving 37 million barrels of oil a year. I also put a poll underneath the link so be sure to leave your answer on whether or not you think U.S. should do the same. You know my answer--Yes!

Yesterday, I broke out my new reusable shopping bag at Wal-mart and had the checker put everything in there. I was so happy with myself. Not adding 2 more plastic bags to my under-the-sink collection just made my day.

So, good for China. I hope U.S. follows soon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Scout. I know she probably did enjoy her night in the house!

I have used my reusable bags a couple of times too. When I used them, the checkers said that they wished everyone would use reusable bags!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Scout is okay. I thought about you and her all day yesterday. Remember when she stayed inside all the time? She probably wishes she could live that way again. Sandy

Krista said...

Good news on Scout!

I voted yes. Humankind managed to do without plastic bags for thousands of years; I think we can revert to living without them now.

H Noble said...

Glad Scout did fine and that they think they got it all. Its so hard to watch your pets suffer with illnesses isn't it? Trigger is okay, but seems to have a harder time walking lately. Makes me so sad...
H