Thursday, January 17, 2008

mmm! mmm! good!


...I've got a cold. And we all know that warm things like soup and hot drinks are best for a cold. Usually I go for Campbell's Chicken Soup. It is pretty good. But I am always disappointed in the size of the chicken and vegetables. So this time, I decided to make my own. I have never done this before and now that I've done it, I can safely say I'll never go back to Campbell's.

I don't know if it was the fact that it had to simmer for 2 hours and I was extremely ready to eat by then or the extra "stuff" that was put in (like the rind of parmesan cheese) but it was so good and made me feel so much better. I had it for lunch and supper and plan to eat it again today. Yes, I think that is the only downside--it made so much! But lucky for me, I still have my cold today and chicken soup sounds good again. :)

Of course I got my recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine, where else? Here is the link: Italian Chicken Soup . This recipe is from Silvana Nardone who is the editor of the magazine. She has a "No-Recipe Zone" column in Every Day that I just love. This is one of those recipes. (I did look at the recipe though since this was my first time to make chicken soup.)

***

Yesterday, I had a houseful of neighborhood boys here after school. I was trying to clean up my desk and saw Rhett dig through his backpack and hand one of his friends this note. He sheeplishly said, "I guess I got asked out on a date."

Yeah, I know!!! So I asked to see it and he said it was from a girl in his class and could he go? "But she is not my girlfriend or anything."

Did I just see a glimpse of a teenager or what?

***
Have a great day!





1 comment:

Krista said...

That looks delicious! It's funny, I was just wondering if I should try to make some homemade soup. Although if it takes two hours, I probably won't.