Monday, January 07, 2008

silence


...The beds are empty. The living room is clean of toys. The halls are quiet of little boys humming the Star Wars theme song.

Back to School, once again.

Rhett didn't want to go to school today. Noah did, only because he was leader. I, honestly, will miss them. We had such a good week last week. But back to normal time is here.

***
I couldn't go to sleep last night. I think I am worried about my dog, Scout. She has a tumor on her side that the vet is going to take out tomorrow. He was blunt when he said, "She's an old dog. If she were 2 or 3, I might suggest a biopsy. But since she old, I wouldn't spend the money." I can see his point. I also know that he said it probably didn't spread, since it was a movable tumor. I also feel like I couldn't put my sweet dog through all that stuff that supposedly makes you better if you have cancer. So not knowing is best. But I am still sad for her. We have had Scout for 9 years. She is such a good dog. I hope we have her for many more years. And one more thing: She doesn't act old.

***
I haven't been scrapbooking a lot this past year and I think I finally realized one of the reasons why: I think my blog has become my scrapbook. So I am going to try to (and I say try because I know I won't always get it done) take and post one picture a day. Or post a picture each time I blog. And I am going to stop feeling guilty for not scrapbooking as much as I used to. I still love the process of creating a layout, but now I know I can do it when I want to and not feel like I am so behind all the time.

***
I hope this week holds great things for each of you!

4 comments:

Krista said...

You've posted too fast for me this weekend!

I love all the pictures. Who was it that didn't realize that Casey had a twin? Duh!

Your resolution sounds excellent. Everyone on earth should have the same one!

I hope all goes well with Scout. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I hope that Scout is OK. I know that she is like another kid to you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Scout. I didn't realize she was that old. Seems like yesterday when we stayed at your house with her when Rhett was born--guess she is older than I thought. Let us know how she is. For some reason I have thought about Lulu alot lately--we still really miss her and her smile. Glad the boys got their scarves and glad to know my house smells nice--don't know what smell that is. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oh, Scout! I remember you guys keeping her in your apartment off
4th Street. Keep us updated.

I have missed your scrapbooking, but I have loved the blog!

Christy