Friday, January 25, 2008

an update, of sorts

...This week is over, almost, and I will be glad. No photos this week, sorry. I haven't hardly felt like doing much more than what I have to this week. We have been going to the doctor (nothing serious, thank God) and just running around and I am glad today that Noah and I are just hanging out at home for a little bit. He has no choice because he has a bad cold but he likes the fact that he can watch tv a lot.

***
Rhett is still playing basketball and he is liking it more and more. He has scored a few points at the game and I can tell he is so excited when he does.

He has also started guitar lessons and he loves it so far. He can play his first song and if you come visit, I know he would love to share what he has learned.

***
Rhett is also becoming quite the reader, even more so than he already was. Seth and I are so impressed by his reading ability. I love that he reads to Noah now. They'll just sit down and grab a book and off Rhett goes.

***
I took Noah to the National Cowboy Museum this past week with a friend. Although the children's area was closed due to the weather, the boys had fun there and learned a few things about cowboys. We went during Rhett's school day, so Rhett was insanely jealous so I have promised him we will go back soon. But I did find a dvd that has several episodes of some old tv westerns (for $5!) and they are excited to watch that on movie night.

***
My beautiful friend's birthday is tomorrow and her gift that I bought 2 weeks ago is still on my table, not even packed in a box yet. But I will get it mailed by tomorrow and now she'll have an extended birthday!!! :)

Happy Birthday Christy! Have a wonderful day and I hope you do something fun. Know I am thinking about you!!

***
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes my sweet friend! :) And it is the thought that counts!

Christy

Cheryl Wray said...

The Cowboy Museum sounds FUN!!!

And i think it's very cool that he's taking guitar lessons!