Tuesday, January 15, 2008

a little catch-up and update


...I have wanted ramekins for a long time and finally bought some the other day (thanks to mom and my juicer/smoothie maker confusion--long story but she knows what I am talking about). Anyway, they just take desserts to a whole other level. This is brownie mix from a box that I divided into the ramekins. When they came out of the oven, I let them cool slightly and then topped with ice cream and it was wonderful! Much better than a plain brownie.

***
Rhett had a little accident yesterday evening. He was bending down to get a pencil and while coming up, he hit his gum on the corner of the table and bled profusely. He, of course, freaked out and thought he was going to die. I freaked out because his gum was turning blue. But everything seems to be alright. He is still alive and the gum looks a lot better today. Whew. We are going to the dentist tomorrow just to make sure.

***
My mom-in-law emailed me and said she and Sammy used a reusable shopping bag the other day. I was excited and proud! I even saw at Target the other day that they had a rack in front of the cashiers full of red shopping bags. The lady in back of me bought one. Funny though. The cashier asked if she wanted to use it and she said, "No. I am just buying these 2 jars. Not enough to use that...Well, I guess I could use it. That is what its for!" I just smiled.

***
My action goals for this week:

Continue to nag my kids about turning off the lights. Ha! Ha! Actually, Rhett is doing really well. Noah needs reminding from time to time. And I am trying not to nag. Really.

Donate old items to Salvation Army. Today they are coming to pick up some things so this was an easy one. :)

Stay on top of my laundry so I don't have to constantly "freshen up" the clothes in the dryer because they have been sitting there for many hours.

I still have the same research goal. Didn't quite make the time for that one last week.

***
My grandad is having surgery on his knee again today. Please keep in him in your prayers. I hope this time it goes well and he can get some of his mobility back.

***
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Your brownies look yummy! And make my sad little packed lunch look pathetic. Sigh.

I used my reusable bags at the store yesterday too!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

brownies make me drool ! :) hope all things are well @ home ...