Thursday, January 03, 2008

can't think of a good title for this one

...I've been slow to put away my Christmas decorations. I've been slow to clean up the house after getting home from my parent's house. I've been slow to get up and get things done and I've been slow to get back on a routine.

And I've been loving it. This week has been all about taking it easy, playing with the boys and not doing much of anything.

You see, every year, I go through the Post-Christmas blahs. No more pretty decorations to look at, no more Christmas cards to get in the mail, no more presents to wrap or receive, no more cookies are needed to bake, and especially, all your family has gone back to their homes and gone back to their normal lives. I'm sure I am not the only one who goes through it. But this year I made an effort to just spend time with my kids and have fun. And although that means that we have played a lot of video games, I'm okay with that. In a few days, our lives will have to return to normal. And then I'll be ready to do everything I've been putting off doing.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

I go through that too. I call it Christmas depression. Things are different this year for us, but I still haven't even thought about taking the decorations down. Justin and his dad did take down the outside lights, but Frosty and Scary Snowtree Man are still in the yard (don't ask).
Happy relaxing!
Holly

Anonymous said...

That's what both you and the boys will remember - that you spent a week playing with them! Good for you.

Mom