Wednesday, January 23, 2008

when is Spring Break again?

...Just to let you know how our week is going:

7:25 am: I stumble out of bed to the sound of my wonderful husband emptying out the dishwasher (his new job that he assigned himself, thanks sweetie!)

7:30 am: I go in the boys' room and turn on the closet light. Then I go eat breakfast and say good-bye to Seth.

7:40 am: I go in their room again to try to wake them up.

7:45 am: I get Noah to the couch and Rhett to get off the top bunk. I go pour their cereal.

7:50 am: They finally start eating after complaining how tired they are for 5 minutes. Can't they just go back to bed?

8:20 am: Rhett needs help picking out a shirt. Noah needs help with remembering to get dressed at all. They want to play. I say no. They ask why.

8:40 am: I am ready to leave the house. Rhett is not. He is in the bathroom. Noah is not. He does not have his shoes on.

8:45 am: We leave. Thank goodness Rhett's school is a mere 4 minutes away and Noah's preschool doesn't care that we are a few minutes late.

I wish I could say that this is a one-time occurence in our house, but sadly it is not. For the past 2 weeks, I can't get out of bed and neither can our children. I am hoping it is just the "rather be warm in bed winter blues" that has got us and that it will soon pass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I get worse in the spring - after spring break. Although lately, Connor & I have also been leaving the house later than usual.

Christy

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is, it is in Friona also. I am like the boys--I would much rather be home each day. Better be careful what we wish for--things have a way of coming true. Sandy

Krista said...

This is our house too. Sleepy mom, sleepy kids. School (and work) should start around noon...