Monday, September 29, 2008

but what is your favorite?

...Instead of halloween costumes, Noah's teacher wants the kids to dress as their favorite storybook character the day of the Halloween party. Nice idea in theory but that means 2 costumes that I will have to make or buy for Noah.

So, I have started talking to him about who he wants to be for his favorite storybook character. I thought it might take awhile. It will.

For starters, he is picking books like Fish Out of Water, which has no main character. (That is a rhyming book, like a Dr. Suess but not quite as good). Then he is picking books that he hardly ever wants read to him. Moosetache, anyone?

I have asked him over and over, "But is that your favorite?" "Oohh...no." is always his answer. Sigh.

He keeps going back to Yortoise the Tortoise. That is Yurtle the Turtle to you and me. (Short story: I bought him a stuffed tortoise at FAO Schwarz and he named him Cortoise the Tortoise. Now he confuses Yurtle with Yortoise.) However, I don't think Yurtle is going to be an easy costume to make. I guess, though, if it is his favorite...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog costumes that I made for you and Casey? They were HARD! That is why you had mostly cheap Wal-Mart costumes most of the time!

Mom

Krista said...

I love Yortoise the Tortoise!

Mallory has to dress up as a saint for her school's Halloween (actually All Saint's Day) celebration. I don't know how we're going to pull this off.

Cheryl Wray said...

I love the turtle idea...

H Noble said...

We can't decide what we are going to be either. Eli doesn't seem to care, but I want it to be perfect! Sigh. It will probably be whatever I can do quickly and cheap. He is having a carnival at school, although it starts at his bedtime, so I'm not sure how much of that we are going to be able to enjoy. :)

H Noble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.